Through letters, diary entries, snippets of remembered conversations and post cards, Ruth Zuchter collages together a portrait of a complicated mother-daughter relationship in The Mother Suite.
The chapbook will be available at the Meet the Presses Indie Market in Toronto on November 17 and the ottawa small press book fair on November 24, 2018. Ruth will launch the Mother Suite on Friday, November 23, 2018 at 7pm at the pre fair reading at the Carelton Tavern in Ottawa
the Small Machine Talks with a.m. kozak and Amanda Earl
Episode 37 Recent Reads
Recorded on September 30, 2018
Click here to listen to the episode.
List of works discussed:
1. Klara Du Plessis, Ekke (Palimpsest Press, 2018)
2. Trish Salah, Lyric Sexology, Volume 1 (Metonymy Press republished in 2017; original published by Roof Books of NYC in 2014)
Essays on trans, intersex, cis and other persons and topics from a trans perspective.......All human life is here.
3. Jake Byrne, the Tide (Rahila’s Ghost Press, 2017)
4. Sandra Ridley, Quell (Baseline Press, 2018)
5. MLA Chernoff, Delet This (Hybrid Heaven (now Bad Books), 2018)
7. Jake Syersak, These Ghosts / This Compost: An Aubadeclogue (above/ground press, 2018)
8. Poemelon Canadian edition, edited by rob mclennan
9. Joshua Whitehead, Full-Metal Indigiqueer (Talonbooks, 2017)
Thanks to Jennifer Pederson for the intro and outro, Charles Earl for sound, and to you for listening and sharing the episode.
Stay tuned for our next episode in October.